March 19, 2016

Happy Spring!

Well, folks, I'd like to say that spring is in the air, but after weeks of surprisingly mild weather, my area is experiencing a cold snap, thus killing all the newly blossomed crocuses and grass...it's not good. Despite all this, however, I am keeping the joy of spring in my heart, and that has led to a lot of spring-themed inspiration! 

Colonial Nursery:
Time for things to start growing!

Recently I've discovered the poems of Robert Frost, and they are absolutely lovely! I love his realistic and relatable descriptions, as well as his talent of making words sound so beautiful strung together. I found an especially springy one, which I think you'll all enjoy!

Blue Butterfly Day
It is blue-butterfly day here in spring
And with these sky-flakes down in flurry on flurry,
There is more unmixed color on the wing
Than flowers will show for days unless they hurry!


                         

But these are flowers that fly and all but sing:
And now from having ridden out desire
They lie closed over in the wind and cling
Where wheels have freshly sliced the April mire. 

Robert Frost


Wooden crate of flowers.:

Have you ever read/heard of Robert Frost's poems?
What are your favorite things about spring?




2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that poem - it's very pretty. :-) (And I love the pictures in this post, too. :-D)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi! Thank heavens for Pinterest! :)

      Delete