March 7, 2016

My Goals for Spring Break


Ten days of vacation ahead! Ten days where I have "nothing" to do. In reality, of course, 
there's Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday to celebrate, 
family gatherings to be had, eggs to be dyed, and a fair deal of studying. But between events and celebrations, I am truly determined to be productive this year! No more lollygagging, frittering, or shuffling feet for this girl! Now, I'm not going to pretend that "productive" doesn't mean watching a period drama or reading a great book, but it does mean that I won't be watching hours of pointless television or taking online quizzes or silly stuff like that. But with that said, I've got a lot planned, and I hope to get as much done as I can!

               An easter egg with a note tied to it would be a cute idea for a surprise.:




Practice

With all the madness of a busy schedule, my violin and piano skills have really taken a loong vacation. I'll have to remind myself that playing fun Irish songs does not count as practicing (but that they can and will be played with pleasure!) 


Celtic Woman fiddler Mairead Nesbitt talks about group's success / masslive.com:
Violin goals :)
                                   

Read

Oh, yes, what's that thing you do with books? Wait, you can read for fun? It's been a while since I've really had time to sit down and read, and it's been awful. I don't have any specific books in mind now, besides Northanger Abbey. I started it months ago and liked it, but never finished! 

                    When Mr. Tilney proposes to Catherine is pretty much the best part of the movie.:


Watch some Period Drama

You know what I really ought to see? *Pulls out 10 foot scroll* I'm in the mood to rewatch every period drama I've ever seen simply because I suddenly feel that I don't remember enough from when I saw them 6 or 7 years ago. I want to see some newer releases like A Royal Night Out and Brooklyn, but I'm not driving to a movie theater two hours away to see it and the library doesn't have the DVDs!

Clean Up

Oy vey, I hate to admit it but my room is a genuine mess! Hopefully it will get a good cleaning along with the rest of the house. 
everythingyoulovetoohate:  That smile, that golden hair in his face and that sweater. One of my favorite scenes in The Great Gatsby.
My clothes are everywhere. :P
                                                    

Indulge my Creative Side

What this really means: sew more, bake more, scrapbook more, draw more, craft more, write more, take more pictures, and learn how to crochet! Wait, you think it can't all be done in ten days? Of course it can! (I think. Maybe.)
Crocheted Flowers - Free Patterns:
I want to make pretty things like this!
                                   What are you planning to do with your Spring break?
                                  Do you have any special plans or traditions for Easter?


No comments:

Post a Comment