May 6, 2016

A Lovely Tag and a New Header!

Hello dear readers, and happy May! Miss March was so very kind and tagged me for the Liebster Award with some amazing questions! Let the show commence:

Oh wait, there are rules first:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Answer the 11 questions.
3. Tag 11 bloggers (and let them know you've tagged them).
4. Ask them 11 questions.

 :

1. What is your personality type?
I am a mysterious sort of person, I am. Every time I take one of those personality tests, the letters change, or are all so close to 50/50 it hardly counts. It just depends so much on the situation! Last time I took one, I was ENTP. But I could be almost anything, I think.

               

2. What is one of your newest favorite movies? (As in one you recently found, not necessarily a newly made film.)
Hmm, I think The Magic of Ordinary Days is the most recent movie that I really liked but had never heard of before. It was really good, and you can see my review here.



3. Have you ever been prejudiced against a certain movie before watching it, but then after seeing it decided it wasn't so bad? Which movie was it?
Pretty much any movie my brothers wanted to watch with pizza (in front of the TV on Sunday nights). I figured most "Boy" movies were boring or gross, but I was proven wrong on several occasions. Star Wars, Gettysburg, and Arn are good examples.

                                        Laura Ingalls Wilder at 50.  --Photo from the collection of the Hoover Library (RWL:

4. If you could meet any author in person, who would it be?
So, are we talking dead authors, or living ones? I'll give you both! :) For living, I'd like to meet Valerie Tripp, who wrote the Felicity books. For dead, I would like to meet Laura Ingalls Wilder. Or, if you think about it (and I don't mean this irreverently), how about God? I'd sure love to meet Him! Of course, God's not dead (he's surely alive, he's living on the inside, roaring like a lion!) *hem* I digress.

The Sound of Music. I would wear pretty much all the outfits. ;):
Not this many siblings, I can assure you!
5.How many siblings do you have, and where do you fall in the lineup?
*stares at computer screen* "You should tell them." "No, they would never forgive me." "I want my readers to know." "My siblings are private people. The internet is scary." "Other bloggers have done it with varying degrees of privacy. I'm going to do it too!" "Ugh. fine." (My inner battle, in case you were interested.)
Ok, so anyway, I have a couple older siblings. And I was not fortunate enough to have a sister.That's all I'm saying for now, so make of that what you will. :)

        Little Women:

6. If you could be related to any fictional character (from a book or movie) who would it be and what relation would they be to you?
These questions may be the hardest exam I've taken all year! ;) Hmm, let's see: the first thing that came to mind were the March sisters from Little Women. I'd love to have them as sisters! Otherwise, perhaps a Bennet sister (with Lydia and Mary removed).

7. What is your favorite household chore, and what is your worst? 
I get a strange satisfaction from rearranging and condensing things in the kitchen cupboards and refrigerator. Although my own room is usually terribly messy, I sometimes get on a cleaning streak for other rooms in the house. My least favorite chore? Depends on when I'm asked to do it. Probably mowing the lawn (we have a motorless/muscle-power push mower) or shoveling heavy snow.


8. Anne and Diana (from Anne of Green Gables) are a classic example of best friends. Do you have a best friend, and if so which one of you is more like Anne and which is more like Diana?
Yes, I do have a "bosom friend!" She is more outgoing and exuberant than I, so I'd say she is Anne and I'm Diana. And our hair colors kind of fit the characters too. :)

                                         

9. What was one of the first chapter books you ever read? 
All I remember is that by Kindergarten I had already read a few American Girl chapter books, which are really short, but chapter books all the same. I think I read a few Boxcar Children and Magic Tree House books pretty early on too.

10. What is one of the yummiest, most delicious desserts you can think of at the moment?

                            Black Forest Mousse Cake:

Need I say more?

           
11. If you could be a character in one of your favorite movies, which movie would it be and which character would you choose?
Aahh, decisions!! Off the top of my head, I could do Jo March or Elizabeth/Jane Bennett. *eeny meeny miny moe* Ok ok, Jo March from Little Women it is! (and now I don't have to endure Mr. Collins, thank goodness!)

I love this scene in Little Women!:
This cracks me up every time!                 

And now for the hardest part: coming up with 11 bloggers who haven't already been tagged! (Alas, my social scope in the blogging world is still rather small) But I shall try my best!

Miss Dashwood 
Phoebe
Heidi
Melody
Sadie
Rose
Aaand any of my followers or readers or anyone I may have inadvertently forgotten are more than welcome to answer the questions in the comments or on their blogs!

Now for zee questions:

  1. What is your favorite decade of the 20th century and why?
  2. Would you rather visit a giant library or a giant museum?
  3. Do you drink soda, and if so, what is your favorite flavor?
  4. Would you rather tour a famous castle or a stunning garden?
  5. What kind of dancing do you like best? (Ballroom, swing, ballet, etc.)
  6. Do you have a hope chest? What sort of things do you have in it?
  7. Have you ever owned/used a typewriter? How about a quill pen?
  8. Do you go to the library often, and do you have your library card number memorized?
  9. What is your favorite piece of makeup you own?
  10. What is your favorite blend of tea, and do you prefer iced or hot?
  11. Do you share your birthday with anyone famous, past or present?

The End. :)

12 comments:

  1. Bravo lovely post!
    What is your favorite decade of the 20th century and why?
    Edwardian! The Fashion!

    Would you rather visit a giant library or a giant museum?
    Can it be both? :P

    Do you drink soda, and if so, what is your favorite flavor?
    Ok I've never heard of soda..
    OHHH that stuff! I love Orange!

    Would you rather tour a famous castle or a stunning garden?
    Castle!

    What kind of dancing do you like best? (Ballroom, swing, ballet, etc.)
    Ballet, Swing, Tap, Jazz, Irish

    Do you have a hope chest? What sort of things do you have in it?
    No but that's a good idea do feel free to elaborate!

    Have you ever owned/used a typewriter? How about a quill pen?
    I have used a typewriter and wish to own one, and yes my Nanna has a quill pen!

    Do you go to the library often, and do you have your library card number memorized?
    Not as much as I would like. I tend to buy books over borrowing them

    What is your favorite piece of makeup you own?
    Blush

    What is your favorite blend of tea, and do you prefer iced or hot?
    Earl Grey

    Do you share your birthday with anyone famous, past or present?
    Dan Stevens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Miss Evie!
    I love Edwardian fashion too; it's so elegant! And yes, I suppose a trip to both a library and museum is allowed. ;) What do you usually call soda? Pop? Earl Grey tea is one of my favorites too. And that's so cool you share a birthday with Dan Stevens!
    Thanks for filling out the tag! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee! We call it fizzy drink! :P and yes yes it is!

      Delete
  3. Lovely, lovely post, Abby! Thanks so much for doing this! And can I just say? I ADORE your new background! It's beautiful! And your header. Aww. I've seen every one of those movies except Northanger Abbey. :) And Emma and Pride and Prejudice are right at the top of my favorites list!

    Now onto the tag...

    THAT PICTURE OF CINDERELLA! Ahhh! That movie has such gorgeous pictures, doesn't it? :D

    1. Oh! I understand what you mean. I felt like I could have answered the questions two different ways, too, depending on my mood. Ah well. It's intriguing, even if it isn't totally accurate. :)

    2. Oh, I really want to see The Magic of Ordinary Days! It sounds like such a sweet movie.

    3. Dead or living. All your answers worked!! :)

    5. Aww. Sorry I gave you an inner battle over that question. :( I totally understand what you mean about the internet. It is scary, and one does have to be careful what one shares. (So, yeah. Sorry again if it was a nosey question. *sheepish grin*) But I like how you answered it. And I don't think you in any way jeopardized your siblings privacy. Very well done, indeed. :)

    6. Haha. SOOORRRY!! I certainly didn't mean to make this feel like schoolwork! ;) Ah! Yes. The March sisters are an excellent choice...as well as the Bennet sisters. Except...wait! You don't want to have Mary and Lydia as sisters? Why ever not? They're such DARLING girls. Hahaha. ;) (Note the tone of sarcasm in my voice.)

    9. Oh! The American Girl books! I loved reading those when I was younger. And the Boxcar Children, too. :)

    10. Wow. That is SOME cake. And no, I don't think you need any words for that one. ;)

    11. "(and now I don't have to endure Mr. Collins, thank goodness!)" Haha. Indeed, yes. That is a definite plus!!

    Thanks again for doing this, Abby! It was so much fun reading your answers.

    ~Miss March

    P.S. Ohh! Do you have a hope chest? Because I do. Mine is mostly full of handmade doilies, dishcloths, and potholders, because those are the easiest things for me to make. :) What's in yours (that is, if you have one)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss March! I loved doing this tag, and as a new-ish blogger, it was reassuring to be recognized in the blogging world. I'm so glad you like my new look! I hope you're able to see Northanger Abbey soon; I really enjoyed it.
      Yes, the new Cinderella movie is so photogenic!
      To be honest, nobody in my family knows about my blog yet. I know, it's kind of bad, but I kind of want to surprise my mother about it on my 18th birthday. :)
      Haha, no, I'm afraid I wouldn't enjoy Mary and Lydia. ;) But I think Kitty would be alright. It's only Lydia's influence that makes her so silly, you know. :)
      American Girl was a huge part of my life growing up. Which girl is your favorite? Mine is Felicity. :)
      I have more of a hope basket, and it's pretty small. I have some measuring cups and spoons, dishtowels, a basic cookbook and house-cleaning book, etc. That's so cool that you made those things yourself!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I'm so glad. I know I was positively thrilled to get my first tag. :)

      Aww. That's going to be fun to surprise your mom with your blog! My mom knew from the beginning, but I didn't tell any of my siblings right away. I really wanted to surprise some of them by randomly going to my blog one day and letting them read a post and then suddenly telling them that "I wrote that!" Haha. It didn't actually work like that, though. They all found out in a much more boring, and less dramatic, way. :P

      Yes. I like Kitty. And without Lydia's influence I think she could definitely be a nice sister.

      Molly was always my favorite. I never owned the doll or the books, but I remember I got the Molly paper doll one year for Christmas. :) Did you ever own one of the dolls?

      Delete
    3. Ooh, Molly was a nice one too! I am going to sound very spoiled when I say this, but keep in mind that American Girl was a big part of my life growing up and my mom is really good at finding things at rummage sales. ;) I had Felicity, Kirsten, Molly, and Samantha. I loved them all dearly. :)

      Delete
    4. Haha! Spoiled? No indeed. After all you were the only girl in your family. I had three older sisters, and that makes a lot of difference. Also, I don't think my mom did rummage sales too much. Aww. I'm sure you did love them. I have several dolls--and stuffed animals--that were particularly special to me when I was growing up. Still are special, actually, though I find I don't play with them quite as much as I used to. Haha. ;)

      Delete
  4. My answer to #1, is exactly and precisely the same. (More or less. :-P)
    AND THE CAKE. :-D
    Ohh, and I love the header. And the background IS SO CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi! I can hardly resist changing the blog look every two months at least! :)

      Delete
  5. I can't believe I'm just getting around to looking at your blog! It's so pretty! Thanks for the fun posts! I can't wait to do this tag. :)
    ~Phoebe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phoebe! I'm flattered. :) Hope you have fun doing the tag!

      Delete