July 4, 2016

I'm It Again!

Wow, the tags are just flying this time of year! I like it. :) This time I've been tagged by Ruth, who has a lovely little blog called Amongst Spring Blossoms. This is again a tag of simple questions. No frills, no novellas within an answer. :)


1. What nationality are you?
I am an American, pure and simple. But my heritage is 3/4 German, 1/4 English.

2.What's your favorite animal?
A horse, of course! I had a brief giraffe kick a while back, but horses have always been the best.

 :

3.What's your favorite food?
I like pastas of various kinds, and of course chocolate. :)

4.Who's your favorite author? 
Lynn Austin!

5. Do you have pets? If so, what kind of pet? And no, which one would you like to have?
(See question 2) I'd love to have a horse, but I also really want a kitten, a cute dog, a bunny, or a hedgehog. 

English cream dachshund:

6. How old are you?
I am 17 going on 18. I'm that person who's "older and wiser". :)

7. Do you have a big family? (cousins, uncles, and aunts included)
Not particularly large. 

8. What is/are your favorite soundtracks?
I did a post on this here. I love the soundtracks of Little Women, The Paradise, Belle, The Last of the Mohicans, Copperhead, 1776, and am a reluctant fan of Hamilton as well.

What sort of bird shall we choose as the symbol of our new America? - 1776 Musical:
LOVE this movie. Review coming, maybe?
9. What is your favorite Disney movie? (only animated or drawn)
 Hmm, hard to say. Probably Cinderella. The Incredibles is a really good one too!

10. When is your birthday? 
Somewhere in the depths of winter, around Epiphany. (I don't know if I'll say my full birthday just yet. I want to though!) 

Thanks for tagging me, Ruth! I tag:
  • Heidi
  • Rae
  • Miss March
  • Anyone who wants to fill this out in the comments section is welcome to!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me, Abby! It may be a few days, but I'll do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your favorite author is Lynn Austin! Did I know this? Could I have somehow forgotten?! Anyway, that makes me happy. She's mine too. (Haha, bet you didn't know that....)

    I LOVE 1776. It's so clever and sarcastic but sincere at the same time, you know? One of my favorite musicals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I've ever really mentioned Lynn Austin, so don't worry! I can't wait to get my hands on some more of her books this summer. I especially like So Far From Home and All Things New. And yeah, I figured she was your favorite. :D
      It makes me so happy to know that there are other 1776 fans out there, especially someone who wasn't alive when it came out. :) And you're spot on with that description; it captures the urgency of the situation while still being entertaining. It amazes me how many coincidences had to happen in order for the Declaration to be passed.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! Sorry I'm late to this, Abby. I guess I missed this post, and I just realized now that you tagged me. (Thank you, by the way.) :D

    I think I'll just answer the questions here this time, instead of doing a whole new post. Hope that's alright. :)

    1. American
    2. Ohh! I like horses, too! So, yeah. Probably a horse. ;)
    3. Oh dear. Favorite food? Anything sweet and bad for you! Haha. ;)
    4. Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, and Louisa May Alcott. (Okay, that was three. Sorry.)
    5. Nope. We rent our home and pets are off limits. I don't mind, though, as I've never had much of a hankering after pets.
    6. (Haha. Loved your answer to this one, Abby!) I'm 24. On my way to becoming an old maid, I'm afraid. Hahaha.
    7. Well, I have fifteen brothers and sisters. Would that be considered large? ;)
    8. Soundtracks...soundtracks...hmmm. Emma 2009 and Amazing Grace for two.
    9. I think Winnie the Pooh is a darling movie. I also like Cinderella, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, The Fox and the Hound...yes, I'm stopping now.
    10. March! Goes well with my name, doncha think? ;)

    Thanks for the tag, Abby! That was fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem at all; I'm often "late" to comment on things as well! And it's perfectly alright to answer them in the comments! :)
      Wow, you chose such good authors! Very classy! :)
      Oh good, I'm glad someone understood my reference in #6! Old maid? Pish posh! Why, you're still younger than Anne Elliot!
      My goodness, yes, 15 siblings is quite a family-full!
      Good choices for #8, by the way. You can hardly go wrong with period drama soundtracks. :)
      Thanks for filling out the tag, Miss March! I had so much fun reading your answers. :)

      Delete