September 1, 2016

Our Planet is Getting Colder...

but I'm not about to go on some rant about global warming or global cooling. Our planet (more specifically, my hemisphere) is getting cooler, because we are tilting farther and farther away from the sun...
it's fall, people. And I'm celebrating.

8 Reasons Why I Love Fall

1. I can use blankets again. And sweaters, and fuzzy socks, and cute scarves...

.:

2. THE SMELLS

x:

3.  It's finally cool enough to drink tea...and bake yummy, spicy desserts

.:

4. I'm reminded how beautiful creation is

Autumn House <3:

5. Like, really, really beautiful

Autumn Path, Ukraine | by Irina Yuzkova:

6. I can go pick apples and pumpkins

Fall:

7. Football season begins

Yeah, it's not my most favorite thing about fall, but what can I say? I'm an American, and my football team happens to be the best. :)

8. Between the smells, the sights, and the tastes of fall, I get a burst of creativity, causing me to change my header

Fall daydreaming.:

So as lovely as summer is...

.:

Fall is just fine, too.

Do you prefer summer or fall?
What are your favorite things about fall?


15 comments:

  1. Oh how lovely! I've just decorated my period drama blog for Spring here in Australia! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, happy spring! I will be thinking about moving to Australia come February! :)

      Delete
  2. I adore your new blog look, Abigail! So plumb and pretty. For me, autumn always wins over summer. There is something about the trees raining gold.

    Fairfarren,
    Miranda Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miranda Jo! Yeah, I was going for a plumier look, hoping I wouldn't have to do all intense oranges and such. And trees raining gold: how lovely!

      Delete
  3. Ooohhh! This post! It gave me happy little shivers inside. All those beautiful Fall pictures! Don't you just love the changing seasons? :D

    Fall hasn't fully arrived in our neck of the woods yet, but it feels like it's just around the corner. And I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm not sure which season I prefer, but by this point I'm ready for some cooler weather. :)

    Wow. Your new layout is GORGEOUS! You do such a nice job with that! Positively lovely. :)

    Enjoy your tea and spicy desserts and...gahhh! You're making me hungry! ;)

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to see you back, Miss March! And yes, I'm so happy God made seasons the way He did. :) Yeah, technically this post is a bit premature for my area too, but I didn't want to wait longer before changing to an autumn header. :P And thanks about the layout! I still get a bit frustrated about lining the header up, but overall it's a fun process.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Abby! It's good to be back. I've missed my blogging friends. :)

      Oh, I know. I'm always paranoid about making sure my headers are perfectly centered, but sometimes they just won't cooperate for me. And I don't know why. That's computers for you, I guess. :P

      Delete
  4. All the beautiful pictures. <3 I love fall too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Naomi! And yay, another fall fan!

      Delete
  5. Oh, I love both summer and fall!!! Maybe I will make a post about my favourite things of fall. Yah, I will. :) By the way, I love your new header! It's so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. :) Can't wait to see what you come up with! And thank you Rachel!

      Delete
  6. YESSSSS. I love Fall! I agree with just about all of the things you said in this post!
    Gorgeous pictures, too!
    AND THE HEADER. Gorgeous!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rae! I figured it was high time to pull out the fall Pinterest stash. :)

      Delete
  7. I generally prefer summer, because it's hotter, but at the same time I think autumn is the most beautiful of the seasons with all the colours:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree! I think it's a never-ending internal debate inside myself: summer or autumn? :P And yes, I LOVE all the fall colors!

      Delete