November 30, 2016

Cue the Confetti

Because December is here! And Advent! And the first day of my advent calendar! Today's big reveal isn't really a post, but the new layout. (I held on to that autumn header for almost three months, folks. This is a big deal!) I feel I should tell you that the header (which is by no means as good as I wished it had been) took a whopping 2 hours to make. I am slightly ashamed and frustrated with myself. :P But anyway, that's partly why you aren't seeing a hugely long post about Advent or anything today. And just like a real advent calendar, some days might just be a picture and a Bible verse. But there will also be some bigger, funner stuff too, including a game (if I can think of one!), movie reviews, and tomorrow's tag! :D

Glossy black door:

P.S. I know 25 posts is a lot, and of course I won't feel bad if you don't have the time or will to read or comment on every single one. But if you are so inclined to comment, thank you in advance: they are like Christmas presents from all of you! :) 

11 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I'm so excited! I love the header! I've never made one and that you made one this great is super impresive! Also the picture in this post reminds me of A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens!!!
    Can't wait for a post tomorrow!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha, I thought the door looked like a Christmas Carol too! Not that Scrooge would have a pink ribbon, but the knocker and the black door both fit well! :)

      Delete
  2. Ohmygoodness, no! The new header is gorgeous! You have nothing to be ashamed of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Kayla Marie! Perhaps I was too hard on myself; it'll probably grow on me throughout the month. And I have a new one already made for January! It's so weird how some of my headers seem to fly together on their own, and others take hours of searching and tweaking!

      Delete
    2. I hope so! It is so pretty! I especially love the dark red colors!

      Oh my goodnesss, I don't know how you guys do it! I moved blogs a little while ago and STILL haven't created any header AT ALL (something I really should do, but I'm procrastinating because I hate making them... so time-consuming!) much less switching headers to be seasonal... YOU ARE AMAZING.

      Delete
  3. SEE, I KNEW YOURS WOULD BE GORGEOUS. That is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Marvellous job.
    And I'm so excited for the Advent Calendar!!! It's going to be great. Though I will warn you now...I probably won't have time to comment on every single one for which I am VERY SORRY, and I WISH I had time, I really do. I'll do my best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rae! And no need to be sorry! It still amazes me that the things I write and share gets a following in the first place, and from such lovely people. And I get it about not having time...I'm wondering how I'm going to finish this myself! :P

      Delete
  4. ABBY! I love your new design! It's absolutely beautiful. And your header is gorgeous! (Oh, don't be frustrated with yourself. Headers always take me a long time to make, too. That's what comes of being a perfectionist. ;))

    This is going to be glorious party! I just know it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss March! Ah, perfectionism; it comes at a price, but can produce such lovely things. As long as I just don't end up avoiding things altogether because of the time commitment, it works pretty well! Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  5. I LOVE the new layout, Abby!! And I think the header looks lovely! But then, your blog always looks beautiful. :)
    I'm looking forward to reading your Christmassy posts! :D
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! Aw, you're so sweet! I'm looking forward to writing them! :D
      PS I like your new profile picture! :)

      Delete