November 22, 2016

My Favorite Things

A wise man named George Washington once said "It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one." And since my only excuses for not posting recently are silly things like school and work and distractions, I will not mention them as excuses. ;)
Anyway, in order to somewhat make up for the absence of late, I'm going to do two posts in two days. Which is sheer and utter madness for me, but I guess I'll call this warm-up for my soon-to-be Advent Calendar! (Yikes!  I mean Yay!:)
So I started brainstorming things I'm thankful for, for a Thanksgiving post, but all I could think about were the lyrics to "My Favorite Things" from the Sound of Music. And at first I was like "come on now Abby, be serious!", but then I thought "well, I am thankful for pretty much everything in that song,and shall dedicate entire posts to them!" So in case you were wondering what a conversation in my head looks like, there you have it. :) 

My Favorite Things

Morgan Colors- Buckskin Morgan Horses:

Cream-colored ponies

...Apple, pear and sour-cherry strudel...Nothing beats the crunch you hear when cutting into a strudel – it's the promise of great things to come.:

And crisp apple strudels

Scrumptious winter colors in that black harness, gold bells, caramel brown coat of fur, frosty blonde mane, and cheery red barn. Inspired winter color palette.:

Door-bells and Sleigh-bells


Herb-Speckled SpƤtzle and Pork Schnitzel.  Do they make this in a gluten-free version?:

And schnitzel with noodles

Supermoon With Canada Geese:

Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

These are a few of my favorite things.

Which of these favorite things is your favorite thing?
Did you sing the song in your head while you read this post? :)

7 comments:

  1. What a fun idea for a post! And yes, I totally sang the song in my head while I was reading this! Love the horse pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I totally sang the song in my head. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Now the song is stuck in my head... Thanks a lot, Abby! Also how did you find such perfect pictures for this??? Also apple streusel is the. Best. Thing. Ever. The end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my pictures from Pinterest; it's such a good resource for this type of thing! And yes, apple strudel is amazing! :)

      Delete
  4. Of COURSE I sang the song in my head while I read your post. :-) My favorite are the geese with the moon on their wings. LOVE that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I definitely sang this song in my head as I read this post! My favorite is the picture for "door bells and sleigh bells." It's so pretty and Christmas-y!
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely lovely and ABSOLUTELY I sang the song in my head!!! :)

    ReplyDelete