December 1, 2016

A Very Merry Tag

Well, it's been almost a year since I started blogging, and I have had so much getting tagged, and filling them out. Before now I didn't really feel established enough to start a tag of my own, but 'tis the season, as they say! So here's how my Very Merry tag works:

  • Link back to the person who tagged you
  • Answer the questions
  • Add/exchange questions for the next people, if you like
  • Tag as many people as you like!
  • By the way, y'all are tagged; anyone who is reading this in December 2016, that is! :)
Without further ado, here are the questions:
  1. Does it snow where you live around Christmas? (If it doesn't, you have my sincere sympathy.) How much? Any special snowy Christmas stories?
  2. Do you get a real tree or a fake tree?
  3. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
  4. Where in the world would you like to spend Christmas the most?
  5. What fictional/literary character would you most like to spend Christmas with?
  6. What is your favorite Christmas song?
  7. What is your favorite Christmas book/story (besides, ya know, the story)?
  8. Which do you prefer: multi-colored lights or white lights? 
  9. What time period/decade would you most like to spend Christmas in?
  10. Which period drama has the best Christmas scene/episode?
1.
Image result for wisconsin snow

This is about average snowfall where I live by the time January hits. We've had varying amounts around Christmas, but I only remember remember one Christmas with minimal-no snow. That was a sad year. :(

2.
 :

Real all the way! My family usually goes to a Christmas tree farm, and we've cut our own a few times, but we've also chosen pre-cut trees. 

3.
How the PTA Stole Christmas: School Bans Red, Green and the Word ...:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas, probably. It's really cute! Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is a close second. And I don't really count Little Women as a Christmas movie. Otherwise it would be waaay ahead of the other two!

4.
Image result for germany christmas

I would love to spend a Christmas season in Germany. I'd see Christmas markets of course, but also special Christmas concerts in cathedrals and snow-covered castles. I'd eat lebkuchen and sing carols in German to my heart's content! :)

5.
The March sisters. Plus Laurie and Marmee. :) I know that means no presents and hardly even a Christmas breakfast, but it does mean warmth and joy and kindness. If I'm going to follow my own question to a T, the one character I'd spend Christmas with would be Jo. 

6.
Colonial Williamsburg's Holiday Musical Performances.:
OH MY GOODNESS THERE IS NO ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION!
There. I think that's the most all caps I've used! (Looking at you, Naomi ;) Anyway, I can't believe I wrote such an impossible question. I mean, there's hymns, instrumental, secular carols, vintage carols, beautiful German music...the list goes on and on! I may just have to do a post later on this month about some (and I mean some!) of my favorite Christmas music. :)

7.
Image result for jolly old santa claus book 1958
My mom kept one of her favorite Christmas books from when she was little and now it's a favorite of my whole family. It's called Jolly Old Santa Claus, and it's a really cute story with detailed, whimsical illustrations to match. I also like Tasha Tudor's Christmas Treasury and the Christmas scenes from Little House.


8.
vintage baubles and fairy-lights:
I definitely like white lights better! There's nothing wrong with colored lights, but sometimes when one has both colored lights and lots of ornaments together, it can be a bit much.

9.
Tasha Tudor:
The Tasha-Tudor artwork era, aka the Victorian era in a broader sense of the world. Basically "the good old days". The late 18th century comes in close second!

10.
Related image
Felicity: an American Girl Adventure has a gorgeous Christmas ball scene at the Governor's Palace in Williamsburg. (They didn't really film there, but still). This is followed by a beautiful, colonial Christmas dinner at the Merriman's house that gives me the warm fuzzies. :) 

16 comments:

  1. Oh fun!
    1.Yes!!!!! Lots of stories! Last year we went to get our Christmas tree in four feet of snow! That was interesting.
    2. Real!!!!!
    3. Either White Chirstmas, or A Christmas Story.
    4. In my home! But, also Jerusalum.
    5. I'll have to go with the March family.
    6. Ah! There are too many to pick! I'll go with Little Drummer Boy. (I think that's what it's called)
    7. I don't know. Well, I like this one that is about the Three Wise men and this old woman. I can't remeber what it's called.
    8. On a tree, multi colored! Out side white lights, or blue lights.
    9. Probably the 1890s.
    10. Little Women.
    Thank you for the questions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 4 feet?? That does sound like an interesting story! Oh I know the story you're talking about! I can't remember what it's called either though. :P Thanks for filling out the tag! :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it was an interesting day. I guess we'll see when we get our Christmas books out. I thought of another favorite song, Angels we have heard on High.
      Thank you so much for making it!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely lovely lovely! I am going to answer this when we get better wifi.. why you ask..well all will be revealed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this looks like such a fun tag! I'm filling it out right now. :)
    I agree, I don't know if I could single out one Christmas song that I like above all others! There are just far too many.
    Aww Felicity! Gotta love American Girl movies. :D
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! YES American Girl movies are so underrated! :)

      Delete
  4. Such a fun tag! I filled it out here. Thanks for creating it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Thanks for filling it out; I'll hop over and read it. :)

      Delete
  5. Love this!!! I must make time for it...hopefully today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doing it now! It's going to be scheduled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely tag. Will do it soon!! Sorry for commenting so late, but I have been busy with school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally filled out the tag!! (http://marchramblings.blogspot.com/2016/12/a-very-merry-tag.html)
    Sorry for my tardiness in commenting. I meant to do it earlier, but... *tries to think of a sufficient excuse* *fails* *shrugs and moves one*

    Ah well. At last I'm here now, right? ;) I enjoyed this post very much. Your answers were really good. And I love all the Christmas-y pictures. :)

    It sounds like you get a lot more snow than we do. Our white Christmases are very sporadic.

    Aww. Christmas with the March girls. How delightful!

    Your point about colored lights is a very good one. And true, too. Our tree is living proof of it. Haha. :P Still, I do like colored lights. We probably just have too many ornaments...and don't know how to arrange them properly. ;)

    Thanks for the tag, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag! Here is my post. :)
    http://ramblings-of-a-red-head-girl.blogspot.com/2016/12/christmas-y-tag.html

    ReplyDelete