December 18, 2016

Advent Sunday 3: Once Again My Heart Rejoices

Happy *last* Sunday in Advent! This week I have for you another hymn that makes my heart happy:
This carol is so pretty in German, that I've chosen this one by a Berlin choir. For those of you who don't know German, the lyrics to 3 verses are below in English. :)

1.
Once again my heart rejoices
As I hear, far and near
Sweetest angel voices.
"Christ is born!" Their choirs are singing
Till the air, everywhere
Now with joy is ringing.

Vintage Angels - Angels - Vintages Cards - Christmas Wallpapers, Free ClipArt for Xmas, Icon's, Web Element, Victorian Christmas Photos and Vintage Santa Claus pictures:

2.
Hear! The conqueror has spoken
"Now the foe, sin and woe
Death and hell are broken!"
God is man, man to deliver
And the Son, now is one
With our blood forever.


6.
Come, then, banish all your sadness!
One and all, great and small.
Come with songs of gladness;
We shall live with him forever
There on high, in that joy
Which will vanish never.




2 comments:

  1. I don't know that I've ever heard this song, but the lyrics are beautiful. Thanks for including them in English. :)

    ReplyDelete