December 23, 2016

The Power of Twinkle Lights

Whether or not it was snowing, I do not know. I was simply lying in bed, unwinding from another Christmasy day. School was done for a while, and I had the next week to simply celebrate and relax.
And create.
You see, I had plugged in my Christmas lights that night; their soft glow filled my room with warmth. And I was thinking about taking a leap. For months I had read and been inspired by these beautiful blogs. They had headers and tags and games. They had gorgeous pictures and witty writing, and most of all, fun. And I wanted to blog too, so very much. I wanted to join that community of like-minded girls that I admired; I wanted to be their friends.

Tie squares of tulle fabric along a string of Christmas lights. This would be beautiful on a tree or mantle.:

Ideas? I didn't have many. And I definitely didn't want to start a blog and not continue with it. I thought to myself "I'll need to make it at least one year." I had no idea how that year would be filled, but I was going to try anyway.
And so I did.

Happy Birthday XO:
It's my blog birthday!

Readers, this is one year since my very first post at Lavender Spring. I made it a year, and have no intention of stopping anytime soon (so consider yourself warned! ;) Oddly enough, I am not deathly embarrassed by my early posts; I think I put so much thought into them so I wouldn't "mess up"!
I've gone from 1 follower (thanks Naomi!) to 23, and I am so grateful for all of you! Thank you for your 480 comments this year, and for reading (up to) my 76 posts (this one's 77!)
I don't want to toot my own horn for much longer, so I guess I'll just end here. That's one thing a year of blogging hasn't improved: my awkward exits! :P
Do you believe in the power of twinkle lights? (lol I know that's not really a question)

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! How great! Congrats again Abbey! Keep it up! I'll still be following you!
    Yes, twinkle lights are magical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you encouragement!

      Delete
  2. YAAAAAAAY! Happy birthday to Lavender Spring!! Congratulations, Abby! Your blog is a beautiful, delightful little place. And I'm so happy to have found it. :D

    And yes. Making friends. That's one of the best things about blogging. I've made so many good friends the past year and a half, and you're one of them! Thanks for being my friend, Abby! :)

    May your second year of blogging be just as fun and eventful as your first!! Keep up the good work!

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss March! Thank YOU for being my friend!! I'll try my hardest (to keep up the good work! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy (belated) blog birthday, Abby!! I'm happy to hear that you're not planning on stopping anytime soon; your posts are always so lovely! I'm so glad to have found your blog, and to have you as a friend. :)

    ReplyDelete