February 5, 2017

Beautiful Bible Verses

Happy February everyone! Just recently I decided to start highlighting my old Bible. It took me a while to decide this because I feel that writing in any book, much less the most important book, is kind of disrespectful, or just not quite right, anyway. And I certainly don't want to mark up my confirmation Bible, which is really nice. But I have an older Bible that I've used since 1st grade; it's definitely worn around the edges. Since I started highlighting it, I can't stop reading it! And as a person who has problems with reading her Bible, I felt highlighting was an excellent solution. (I'm in a wordy, long-winded explanation mood today, can you tell? ;)

Aaanyway, because I am Biblically-inspired, and it's a Sunday, I thought I'd share some pretty, artistic versions of Bible verses from (you guessed it) : Pinterest!

Jesus:

$5.00 Bible Verse Print -The grass withers and flowers fade, but the word of the Lord stands forever Isaiah 40:8 It’s amazing to think of how long His word has been around. In times of joy or trial, we seek His word. Why? Because we can count on it, it never changes on us and it’s here to stay forever. Display this beauty in any room so we can always be reminded of where to turn. - Different size options available. #bibleverse #bibleverseprint #christianart #christiandecor #isaiah40:


psalm 118:24:

 :

Psalm 103:

And that's all I have to say. ;)

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm so glad there's an artist out there who takes the time to make these verses into beautiful art like this!

      Delete
  2. These are sooo beautiful! I especially love the one for Isaiah 40:8. Such a lovely post, Abby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elanor! I love that one too; I think it connects to my interest in history, and how if there's one thing that never dies, it's the Word of God.

      Delete
  3. I don't think highlighting is disrespectful - I think it can be very helpful. I love all these! (I always read my confirmation Bible :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have definitely changed my mind about that, which isn't something I do too often! :) I love my confirmation Bible; it's leather and there are good notes at the bottom, but I love my "old" Bible too, just because it stuck with me through hundreds of Christ Light lessons and 8 years of grade school.

      Delete
  4. I tagged you over at my blog if you're interested. :) Here's the link: http://marchramblings.blogspot.com/2017/02/sunshine-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll get to it soon...ish. Better late than never, amiright? ;)

      Delete
  5. These are so wonderful! Thank you so so much for sharing Abby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to do it! I hope they made your day better! :)

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I love this! I love the Bible, and these artsy picture quote verses are lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If there's anything that deserves to be surrounded with pretty watercolor flowers, it's the Bible!

      Delete
  7. What a cool idea! I know my dad writes notes in the margins of one of his Bibles -- maybe I should take that up.

    Also, I tagged you with the Sunshine Blogger Award over here. Play if you want to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE highlighting/underlining verses in my Bible! It helps me focus so much better as I'm reading it. And these illustrated are so beautiful and inspiring! I especially love the one for Psalm 24:1. :)

    ReplyDelete