February 11, 2017

Jane Austen Valentines (and other lovey dovey stuff)

Nobody does romance like Jane Austen. And nobody makes jokes about classic literature like the Janeites. So on this Valentine's Day, I'm going to give you a little bit of both. Play the P+P '95 soundtrack and proceed.

Here, I even included the soundtrack so you don't have to go searching. Why? Because I love y'all. :) 

 :
Hehe no thank you!

"To be fond of dancing was a certain steep towards falling in love.":
The only kind of dancing I'm fond of is the Jane Austen kind. :)

Becca Stadtlander / Pride & Prejudice illustrations:
Isn't this lovely artwork? I wish I could paint! *sigh*

ooooh, how evil... ;):
How evil!

Enchanted Serenity of Period Films: Period Motivational Posters:
I couldn't not end with something as pleasant as this!


Happy Valentine's Day!


4 comments:

  1. I was just about to go find the soundtrack when I saw that you had put it here! Thank you!
    I really love the first one, and the second one, and the third one, and the fourth one, and the last one. Huh, I guess I really like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I love these. Have you seen this one?
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/71/4e/a5/714ea55e3a661b724dca8f0aec4d3bf3.jpg
    My best friend has sent this to me the past couple of years. :)
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, that first one with Mr. Collins is hilarious!
    Ooh, that's such a lovely painting. Really, though, how do people paint so beautifully?
    Aww, the last one is perfect! I love that picture of Lizzy and Darcy. :)
    Happy Valentine's Day, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Ohmygoodness! "Settle for me, Valentine." [Abby's note: Hehe no thank you!] "Deep down I feel bad for Mr. Collins...so I gave him your number" [Abby's note: How evil!] Haha. Seriously! These are hysterical! You totally had me laughing, girl. Thanks for a fun post!

    P.S. And that last one of Mr. Darcy and Lizzy is perfectly adorable!

    ReplyDelete