February 14, 2017

Sunshine Blogger Award

Miss March of Sunshiny Corner has tagged, awarded, bestowed on me the great and honorable Sunshine Blogger Award! Which is quite perfect, if you think about it; the lady from Sunshiny corner is giving out sunshine awards. So thank you, Miss March! Some sunshine is greatly appreciated on these gloomy February days!

1. What was the last book you read?
Heh, well I just read two Calvin and Hobbes comic books...and two children's books before that! The last actual book I read was I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend, a reread for sure, but a delightful one!

Image result for i was jane austen's best friend
The cover's a bit meh on accuracy, but what's inside is wonderful!
2. On a typical evening at home, what are you most often found doing: reading a book, watching a movie, playing games with your siblings, twiddling your thumbs-what?
Mmmm let's see, I often read and go on Pinterest and watch Youtube, listen to music, and have an awful lot of fun frittering away time until it's almost bedtime and all of the sudden I have all these wonderful, purposeful ideas, not to mention any homework that I postpone until then.

Beautiful Autochrome:
But you see, this is what I fritter my time away with: learning from beautiful images like this!


3. You have the choice of being an only child or having 20 siblings. Which do you choose?
Man, 20?? I would definitely say yes to 10, but 20 is really really high! I would really miss the companionship and fun of siblings if I were an only child (just think of what you could do with that many people!) but I do like my fair share of attention and privacy. I'm going to have to go with only-child...with a lot of cousins! :)

The Yellow Dress - John Bulloch Souter:

4. Do you prefer bike riding or walking?
Walking, in general. Hills are not my friend when biking. :P Plus you don't typically fall and sprain anything when walking. Typically.

Pride & Prejudice (1995) This is a beautiful scene and dress!:
5. If you had to create your own family made up of characters from literature (or film) who would you choose to have as your father? As your mother? Choose a brother and a sister too, just for the fun of it! :)
I would like Pa Ingalls to be my pa, or maybe the reformed Captain von Trapp.  And Mrs. Bennet to be my mother. ;P Umm or maybe Ma Ingalls or Maria. After you choose a father, it's hard to imagine them without their wife. I would like Jane or Elizabeth Bennet or Jo March as a sister. As for a brother, I would like Peter Pevensie from Narnia, or Mr. Darcy in a purely fraternal way. Like if I were Georgianna, I think Mr. Darcy (or Mr. Tilney for that matter) would be excellent brothers. As you can see, I have not stuck to a single person for anyone in this crazy literary family. Maybe 20 siblings wasn't such a bad idea...

 :

6. Did you ever receive money under your pillow after losing a tooth?
Not after every tooth, but sometimes there would be a quarter in a little pillow-ornament thingy that would hang by my bed. It was made specifically for that purpose! And once the tooth fairy left me a message about how she was happy to see I was a good little girl. And she did it in teeny, tiny handwriting on a post-it note. #parentinggoals.

.fairy:
7. What's your favorite color?
Huh! Must you even ask? ;) It's Lavender!

Lavender:

8. Would you rather wash dishes or iron clothes?
Ugh, wash dishes I guess. If I had music playing it wouldn't be so bad.

 :
I'd actually like washing dishes in this kitchen!
9. What is your opinion on zoos? Interesting or boring?
A good zoo is definitely interesting, given that we don't spend hours there. Like I did on some class field trips. But you see, I understand those who wish to spend all day at the zoo, as I am like that about history/art museums.

happiest picture ever.:

10. Growing up, did you have a favorite doll? What was her name?
Yes. Her name was (is) Felicity Merriman, and she's a sprightly, spirited girl growing up at the time of the American Revolution in Williamsburg Virginia. Felicity has beautiful colonial clothing that inspired one little girl to have a career in history.

Image result for felicity merriman illustration
Just look at that cardinal red cloak!

Thanks again, Miss March! :) Have a lovely day, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! I loved this post! Your answers were splendid, Abby!! :D

    1. I never heard of that book before, but now I'm intrigued. Perhaps I should add it to my list of books to look for at the library. :)

    2. Postponing homework? Really, Abby. I'm surprised at you! Haha. ;P

    3. I admit, twenty is rather a lot. Sorry to make it so difficult. :/ I'm glad you gave yourself some cousins, though. That way you wouldn't be too awfully lonely. :)

    4. Yes, walking is lovely. And when Lizzy does it, it looks all the more inviting. Don't you think? ;)

    5. Haha. I know what you mean. It is odd settling on a father and then not giving him his actual wife. (Where did Mrs. Bennet come from though? Seriously, Abby, tell me that was all a joke! She wasn't really an option was she? Haha!) Oooh. Nice choices for siblings. I LIKE THEM!! :D And, yeah. Come to think of it, maybe you had better rethink your answer for number 3. Haha! ;D

    6. Aww, that is so sweet! Little notes like that are really special!! <3

    7. Ha! Of course. Silly question. ;P (Oh, but THAT PICTURE!! I love those fairy pictures. My sister has a whole set of those books and they're just adorable!!)

    8. Music definitely helps. And, uh, yeah. A kitchen like that certainly wouldn't do any harm either. Heehee. ;)

    9. Good point. Yes, sometimes it's just being there too long that ruins the fun of it.

    10. Really? Felicity was your inspiration for pursuing a career in history? Okay, that's just super cool! :)

    Thank YOU, Abby!! I really enjoyed reading your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, I'm afraid I have a case of senioritis, and it takes a good dose of willpower to fight it off every day!
      Yes, Lizze makes most everything look more inviting!
      Hehe yes Mrs. Bennet was a purely sarcastic response! :) That was my favorite question; I'd never thought about getting a period drama family before!
      I have a few of the fairy books too, and they are delightful!
      Felicity was definitely one of the main things that steered me towards that path, yes. The books, movie, and clothes were quite convincing!

      Delete
  2. 2. SAME SAME SAME SAME SAME. You understand me.
    3. Attention and privacy, yes. It's so hard when you have siblings to get any time alone!
    5. Ooooh ooh ooh. I LOVE it. I love your choice of parents, and Jane, Elizabeth, and Jo would make awesome sisters (I said Jane and Elizabeth too :), and Peter Pevensie, Mr. Darcy, and Mr. Tilney are all AWESOME brothers! I love seeing heroes in sibling relationships.
    8. Yes, somehow I can believe that a kitchen like that would make washing dishes more enjoyable! :)
    10. I loved Felicity! I didn't have the doll, but I read and re-read the books.
    Love this, Abby!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I'm glad I have company in my struggles with time management! :P
      Pinterest has given me so many ideas of what I want in a future house, that I fear I shall never be satisfied. Or I'll need like five houses to include all the styles I like! ;)
      The books are the best part! I wonder how many times I've read them...and yet at 18 I still want to read them again!
      Thanks Rae!

      Delete
  3. That book looks good!
    I love all the pictures you put of P&P '95, I'm re-watching it so it's really fun to see them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely answers Abby!!!

    I was Jane Austen's best friend seems a lovely book, never have seen it before.
    On a typically evening at home, I mostly sit on the couch with my family and we watch a movie. We are watching a lovely serie right now.
    Walking is very refreshing.
    Lavender is such a lovely colour.
    Love the name Felicity Merriman for a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a Felicity doll? So cool!

    Also, are you implying that Calvin & Hobbes collections are not "real" books???

    ReplyDelete