March 14, 2017

A Letter to Pi

Dear π,
While millions compare you to a delicious round of pastry, while so many dedicate a day to you alone, and while crowds idolize you to the point of attempting to memorize your endless swirl of obscure numbers, you ought to know that you are not as special as you suppose to be. So you're an irrational number, so what? So you work with circles, so what? There are hundreds, no thousands (at least!) of other values that are just as important as you, yet you demand an entire day, nay, betimes an entire math unite to you "awe-inspiring" qualities! Well, listen up, π! Your days are numbered! We other numbers demand our share of value and attention! Beware: step down or we will send 7 (who, as you know, ate 9) to you!
Sincerely,
√, ∞, etc.

Image result for pi day

10 comments:

  1. Hahaha you're the best, Abby. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Especially that little pun about sending 7, made me smile ;)

    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad you caught that! I'm never sure how widespread certain jokes are, or even how well known pi day is.

      Delete
  3. THIS IS TOO FUNNY!! Seriously, this post made me smile. And I hardly even know what pi is!! Haha. Okay, so I recognize the symbol, but I've forgotten exactly how it's used in a math problem. It's been too long. (Not to mention, I never went very far in math, so I never did a whole lot with those kind of numbers. :P)

    Is there really an official "pi day", though? I never heard of that before!

    And yes, do send seven after him to put him in his place. (Haha. Love that 7 ate 9 joke. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I wrote this years ago, in one of my few creative writing spurts. Pi is an infinite number used to calculate the circumference of a circle, but honestly your life won't be very altered if you don't know that. :P Yes, yesterday was pi day because the date was 3/14, which is the first three numbers in pi. We make a big deal of it at school, and do a fundraiser in which you can pie people in the face...it's our crazy little tradition, I guess!
      And thank you! I putz around in getting the theme together so long, it's a miracle when it comes out nice! And I'm glad there is someone to appreciate it, even down to the pinks and greens on the sidebar. :)

      Delete
  4. P.S. I forgot to comment on your new blog layout!! It's BEAUTIFUL!! I love the pictures in your header, and your color scheme is gorgeous! Your background is really pretty, too! I just like all of it. :D

    And this may sound random, but I also really love the colors in your Blog Archives gadget. Those shades of pink and green are just sooo yummy!! <3 <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, this was so fun to read!
    When I went to public school they did a little Pi Day celebration, which I thought was kind of silly, but at least it was an excuse to get out of class for a bit and eat pie! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahahaha, Abby. Love it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmmmm, pie :-9

    BTW, I tagged you here. Play if you want to :-)

    ReplyDelete