March 2, 2017

A Prayer in Spring

Last week there were kids in shorts at school. We got to have some of our classes outside. I took a walk outside and saw tulip sprouts and snowdrops in bloom. And that was February.

My life in the woods:

Now that it is March, we have nearly a foot of snow on the ground, and school got out early because of the slippery roads.
Naturally. 
Anyway, as life is quite hectic as of now, (my school's musical opens tonight!) I must leave you with a poem. I promise it's a lovely one! :)

A Prayer in Spring
Robert Frost

Oh give us pleasure in the flowers today,
And give us not to think so far away
As the uncertain harvest, keep us here 
All simply in the springing of the year.

Country:

Oh give us pleasure in the orchard white
Like nothing else by day, like ghosts at night,
And make us happy in the happy bees
The swarm dilating round the perfect trees. 

All Things Shabby and Beautiful:

And make us happy in the darting bird
That suddenly above the bees is heard,
The meteor that thrusts in with needle bill,
And off a blossom in mid air stands still.

This is a Robin Red Breast. They frequent my garden to enjoy the apple's I put down. They have very good manners with all the other birds.:

For this is love and nothing else is love,
The which it is reserved for God above
To sanctify to what far ends He will,
But which it only needs that we fulfill. 


12 comments:

  1. The last day of February I found a patch of those first white flowers you showed, and now they're in a cup on my windowsill...while it snows outside. :-) Beautiful post Abby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you saved them, Emma! I feel sorry for all the plants and birds that just started showing up.

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful post, Abby! Like the pictures were just eye candy! Loved it :) And, yeah, the weather has been about the same here. I mean we didn't get a foot of snow, but the fact that we even got snow at all...:/

    (Oh, what musical is your school doing?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elanor! The musical's called "On the Town", and it's about sailors in the 1940s who spend a day in New York City. It's a little wild, but the music is fun to play!

      Delete
  3. Oh i love this! and your header is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm in a pink mood, can you tell? ;)

      Delete
  4. We had similar weather!!! All of February was warm and springlike, and here, March 3rd, we have some snow--but it's still crazy!! I have a 45-minute drive to the school. It went like this: lots of snow blowing around, but not sticking. Oh! It's sticking a LITTLE here (about 5 miles further). WHOA, where did this come from (10 more miles)???!!! Is school gonna be cancelled??? What is this??? Oh, okay, wait a second (about 10 more miles), it's sunny and no snow on the ground. And it stayed that way 'til I got to the school. And then here at the school it started out sunny and then at times it snows like fury, and now there's a nice blue sky.
    ??????
    Weather is crazy.
    Okay, rant over. :)
    I love that poem!!! So sweet. And I love the pics, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that does sound like crazy weather! :P At first I titled this post "In like a Lion", because of the phrase that March is "In like a lion, out like a lamb." Which is very accurate, but I don't know how many people are familiar with the phrase.
      Glad you liked the poem! Robert Frost is one of my favorite poets.

      Delete
  5. That's such a lovely poem, and the pictures that you put with it are so pretty. <3
    The weather here has been pretty similar! Well, minus the snow, but it's still been freezing cold compared to the 70 degree weather we had earlier this week! I am so, so ready for spring to officially arrive. :)

    -Molly

    P.S. I adore your new blog look! The header is gorgeous, and I love all the pale pinks and light greens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely post!! Loved it!! <3

    I LOVE your new header Abby!!! It's really splendid and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is simply beautiful! I love all the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Miss March! A beautiful post, and all the pictures are splended!

    ReplyDelete