April 8, 2017

My Return From Life and a Tag

Hey there! It's been a while, hasn't it? *checks post history* Ok, so more than a while. I guess I've got some explaining to do:

What the authoress has been up to:

. Playing violin in four performances of "On the Town".
. Getting the flu for a week, and missing most of school.
. Fighting an uphill battle with senioritis, made worse by said missed school.
. Getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled out on the first day of spring break
. Having little inspiration/energy to blog, yet watching quite a few movies, such as:

Image result for florence foster jenkins 2016
Florence Foster Jenkins. I have mixed feelings on this one. 
Image result for beauty and the beast 2017 village
Beauty and the Beast. Don't approve of everything in there, but still an amazing movie!

Image result for ever after movie
Ever After: so lovely!

Image result for cinderella 2015
Cinderella: I needed to see this again, and loved it!
Image result for a little chaos
A Little Chaos. Do not be deceived by the picture, I actually didn't like this movie!
Image result for war and peace 2016
War and Peace: 8 hours in 2 days. This one did something to me, for sure. 
Image result for the pianist starving
The Pianist. A Holocaust movie that will change the way you think about the world. 

Image result for bridge of spies the wall
Bridge of Spies
Image result for the bronte sisters movie
The Bronte Sisters

Image result for the young victoria
The Young Victoria, which I had to see after watching Victoria. ;) 
Related image
Amazing Grace. LOVE this movie!

Now I know you're probably thinking I'm a lazy bum/couch potato who doesn't do homework or even blogging! But I should point out that a. I was an invalid for 2 weeks with my flu and wisdom teeth, and b. now I have a lot of reviews to blog about! ;)

Next time, I'll try to post a literary tag that Hamlette kindly shared with me. Until then, toodle-oo!

Which of these movies have you seen?
Which movie do you especially want a review of?
Have you had your wisdom teeth out?
Are you suffering from senioritis? 

13 comments:

  1. Loved this post Abby!!!

    I have seen Cinderella(which is such a lovely movie), War and Peace, The Young Victoria and Amazing Grace.

    I would love to hear your thoughts about Cinderella and War and Peace!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! Haha I can tell by your profile picture that you like Cinderella! :)
      Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try to write reviews on those!

      Delete
  2. Woww! Some of these movies look GOOD. (The Pianist was too dark for me. I could not watch it.) (Isn't Amazing Grace good?!)
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on Florence Foster Jenkins - it looks like an absolute blast to me!
    I'm watching Beauty and the Beast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, my mom couldn't bear to watch The Pianist, either, it was so sad and terrible. But yes, Amazing Grace is good!
      Ok, I'll try to do a review on FFJ! :)
      And HAVE FUN seeing Beauty and the Beast!

      Delete
  3. YOU'RE BACK!!! YAY! I was beginning to wonder what had become of you. But oh. You really have been through a lot lately. Poor Abby. Flu? Wisdom teeth being pulled? Missing school (well that's not so very bad...heehee). I do hope you're feeling back to normal now. And I'm glad you were able to find some time to relax and watch some good movies. I'd say you had plenty of excuses for spending so much time in front of the TV. ;)

    These movies look so interesting!! I'd particularly like to hear more about War and Peace (and what exactly it did to you ;)). Also The Bronte Sisters looks intriguing, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on The Young Victoria, too. Just review all of them. :P

    Oh! And Amazing Grace! I love that movie. Was this your first time watching it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, I was gone for an oddly long time and felt bad about people wondering about my whereabouts! I kept on telling myself to wait until i had time and inspiration but I never got it so I just had to put something together! Anyway, thank you for your sympathy and yes I'm feeling much better!
      Hehe I will try to review them all...someday! So glad you like Amazing Grace too! I've seen it a couple of times actually. You can see my review of it here: http://violetcottage.blogspot.com/2016/04/amazing-grace-2006-review.html

      Delete
    2. *slaps forehead* I should have remembered that you'd seen Amazing Grace before! Goodness. I even commented on your review of it. Haha. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh, poor dear!!! I don't blame you a bit for not blogging for a little while. So much on you!!!
    These movies look good!! And dearie me, look at that, all of them are costume dramas! What a surprise, coming from one of us!! No wonder I like you. :)
    Hope you are feeling rather back to your normal self! That stuff is no fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the lovely comment Rae! I am feeling much better, and am now four teeth lighter! :)

      Delete
  5. I have seen:
    Beauty and the Beast
    Ever After
    Cindrella
    Amazing Grace.
    The Bronte Sisters sounds good, what did you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bronte Sisters was a little odd and depressing, but that's just how their lives really were. I really liked the colors and the costumes of the whole movie.

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh, wisdom teeth. So nice you've got that over and done with!

    Of the movies you listed, I've seen "Beauty and the Beast," "Ever After," "Cinderella," and "Amazing Grace." I'd love to know what you think of any of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a relief to be done. Working on a Beauty and the Beast review now!

      Delete