July 25, 2017

Dear July

Dear July,
You are a month of memories. Your evening air is warm and glows from the light of hundreds of fireflies and stars. Your sunny days are pure bliss; and your stormy ones so powerful they flood and reform the earth.

Black raspberries and no words. | Central Indiana Life Photographer

You, July, are a month of bounty. Cherries, peaches, and plums abound from local markets, and the secret location of a giant patch of black raspberries is revealed, even if one has to climb fences and get mosquito bites to reach them.


July, you are a month of farmers markets, of bike rides to the library. You allow stacks of books to be consecutively read on the back porch with a glass of ice tea. You allow Pride and Prejudice to be watched in 2 sittings alone. You encourage spontaneous outings with friends, whether they play tennis, go shopping, see fireworks, drink coffee, visit art museums, or wade in the Great Lakes in dresses, it doesn't matter. The point is, it happens, and the experiences get filed in selfies, journals, and nostalgic areas of the human mind.
So thank you, July. For everything. It's been a great summer.


8 comments:

  1. Awww what a great post Abby! I really enjoyed reading it :D Summer is the same way for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're having such a fun summer!!! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post Abbey!

    July is such a lovely month.
    Bike riders to the library are so much fun, I'm not doing it everyday, but twice a week. :)
    Doing things with your friends is lovely too.

    I never been to famers markets before, but I would love to experience that once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post, Abby! I, too, am really enjoying summer! And I agree, July brings sun, and floods. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness. This post though. So beautifully written, Abby!! I love it! <3 <3

    Sounds like you've been having an awesome summer. Hope it continues to be great all the way to the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! It made me smile, wishing summer wasn't coming to a close. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish this had been my summer! It sounds delightful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY GOODNESS your July sounds absolutely amazing. And you wrote this SOOO beautifully, I am in awe. This is absolutely amazing.
    Also I love your new look, or however new it really is; I've been gone for a while! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete