July 1, 2017

You Might be a Perod Drama Fan...

You might be a period drama fan if.....

Sparking a debate on which Pride and Prejudice is better is a welcome challenge.

Image result for pride and prejudice 05 vs 95 proposal
The '95ers discussing the '05 version...


Your DVD shelf looks like this....

Image result for period dramas

And your bookshelf looks like this...


If you have spent considerable time comparing yourself to Downton Abbey characters,

Daisy and Sybil.

If you've taken a quiz to find out which Downton Abbey character you are...
      
    You might be a period drama fan.

Madame Bovary (2014), played by Mia Wasikowska, directed by Sophie Barthes, (TO SEE)

You might be a period drama fan if....

You start thinking (maybe even talking!) in a British accent after four hours of TV.

Emily Blunt | The Young Victoria

You regularly check PBS and BBC for show updates.

You can't believe how long it takes for shows to air on American TV when those lucky Brits have had them for months!

Amy - Little Women
And reading the Brit's gushing reviews on them makes the waiting even worse...

If you run to make tea when your show comes on,

And you drink it with the characters on the screen...

Jennifer Ehle as Elizabeth Bennet sipping tea in Pride and Prejudice 1995

         You might be a period drama fan.

12 comments:

  1. Yep I'm a period drama fan XD!! I believe I apply to everything on that list XD

    Haha I start talking a British accent after only ONE hour of a period drama ;)

    Yes my movie shelf holds little else!!

    And P&P arguments are the best!! *evil smile*

    This was great Abby! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's great Miss Woodhouse! Haha true, it doesn't always take very long for me to start speaking like a Brit! :P Thanks for the nice comment! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, this post is perfect, Abby! LOVE it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. I feel like a very mediocre fan after reading this. The only one I can truly lay claim to is the first one. (Because, yes. Debating which P&P is better is always a welcome challenge! That is, so long as it's a friendly debate. And so long as I'm able to have my full say because..."I must have my share in the conversation" you know. ;))

    And now I just have to gush about your blog layout because IT'S SO RIDICULOUSLY BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the green color. And I'm a sucker for polka dots so naturally I love your background. And then your header is simply scrumptious, and...how do you do it?? You matched all the colors so perfectly!! It's just gorgeous!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My my, Miss March...are you SURE you're a period drama fan at all? Or is your blog and blogger name merely a disguise? ;) Haha yeah, I've never known you to be an Unfriendly debater! :P And thank you for gushing! How did I do it? Time...lots of time...but comments like yours make it time worth spent. And means even more coming from someone who already has a drop-dead gorgeous blog! :)
      Anyway, I'm already planning a part two (or three or more!) to this post in future; perhaps a DA or JA version of it. So we will be able to further test if you really ARE a period drama fan! ;)

      Delete
    2. After reading this, no. In fact I am very much in doubt. T'would seem my entire blogging life has been nothing but a lie!! Haha. :P The time you put it into it was definitely worth it! 'Cause it's so preeeetty. And aww, thanks. I'm glad you think my blog is pretty, too. That's always encouraging to hear. (Because yeah, like you said, we put an awful lot of time into making new layouts, don't we? ;))

      Oh yay!! I'll be looking forward to those. :D

      Delete
  4. I agree with this list of summaries of you might be a period drama fan if...

    I can assure you that I am a period drama fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, good to know Rachel! Something about your profile picture and blog gave me the idea that you might be...;)

      Delete
  5. Period dramas are sssoo good! This post I was agreeing with, so I must be a fan!
    (P&P 1995 forever.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that settles it. I MUST be a period drama fan! Literally, if this were a checklist, I checked them all a long time ago. It's perfect. The British accent thing cracked me up -- I had thought I was the only one! lol

    Btw, I love your new look, too. All the green is so fresh and pretty.

    ReplyDelete