August 7, 2017

A Pinterest Post


It's August, ladies, and time has simply vanished; it has melted away faster than raspberry ice cream eaten on an 85 degree day. I may be speaking from personal experience. ;) It's been a while since I've had a simple pinning post. Let's remedy that, shall we? 


Isn't this painting beautiful? It's a summer afternoon, and these friends or sisters have all gathered under a tree in their white gowns. They've been picking roses and spending time in the sun, but right now they're just happy to be in each other's company. Two of them have noticed you. Will you join their circle?

Me

This one's funny because it's true. Sometimes I do overthink this! But there are worse things than being friendly to people, so usually I push back the impulse to shut up and just send people a nice message. 

Joie De Vivre. Fine Art Photography. Vintage Scrabble Wood Dice. Autumn Home D├ęcor. Blue Little Birds. French. Paris.

Ooh, I have definitely been seeking joie de vivre this summer! My practical, economical self has had to restrain my adventurous side from making all sorts of purchases and excursions, and believe me, it has often failed! But I've tried my best to enjoy the everyday, free things too, like my backyard garden, wild berries, and friendship. 

Victoria

England. In Summer. With Queen Victoria. In Love. What more needs to be expressed?

GARTH WILLIAMS (American, 1912-1996). Little Town on the | Lot #78846 | Heritage Auctions

Aww isn't this just so sweet? This makes me wish I grew up on a farm!


Did I mention I read Anne of Green Gables last month? Because I READ ANNE OF GREEN GABLES!! And it was lovely. As soon as I read the next 200 books in line on my to-read list, and granted that life offers absolutely no distractions, I shall read the rest of the series in the eventual future! 

If you'd like to see more of my pins, you can click on the link on the sidebar. Thanks for reading!
Abby

4 comments:

  1. I love your opening sentence! "it has melted away faster than raspberry ice cream eaten on an 85 degree day." Very well expressed indeed. :)

    That gif of Queen Victoria is so sweet. That's from the TV show right? Is that still on TV? How many seasons has it run now? (And by the way, weren't you going to write a review on it? *hint, hint* ;))

    Thanks for a lovely post, Abby! It was good to hear from you again. :)

    ~Miss March

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's from the TV show, there'll be a second season in January! Haha I should really do that! :)
      Thanks Miss March!

      Delete
  2. That second one is SO ME. I pinned it to my "me" board as soon as I saw it. :p
    I LOVE THESE PICTURES!! Lovely, lovely post.
    And you read Anne of Green Gables?!?! It is so lovely, I quite agree. And hahaha, yes, once you get through all of those...then the rest of the Anne series is a must. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I wonder if it was actually your pin that I ended up pinning myself! Great minds think alike. ;)
      And thank you! I'm glad you appreciated these pictures. They take very little work or talent on my part, but I'm happy enough if I can just spread some joy across the blogosphere.

      Delete